Are you ready to join us? Worry Free Tenant landlords can list their properties, screen, and connect with prospective tenants from one easy to use dashboard. It’s always free, and we’re here to help you along the way. This step-by-step guide will walk you through the ENTIRE landlord application process AND the landlord dashboard. Be sure to keep this guide handy as you fill out the application and explore your new landlord dashboard!
Step 1: The Home Page
So you’re ready to create your own landlord account and start screening prospective tenants. When you come to Worry Free Tenant’s home page, click the yellow button that says “I’m a Landlord.”
Step 2: Landlord Application Page
Welcome to the Landlord Application page! Here you can see the details about our landlord services before you create your free account. Everything from what’s included in the tenant screening report to the list of full services can be found on this page. When you’re ready to create your own account, click on the yellow box at the top of the page that says “Create Account.”
Step 3: Creating Your Landlord Account
Alright, this part is easy. This page is where you create your landlord account. Note; This will also be the login information that you will use to access your Landlord Dashboard. The Landlord Dashboard is where you can list your properties, share your profile, and connect with prospective tenants.
The following information is required:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Please include the area code
- Email Address
- Please confirm your email address
- Note: A minimum of of eight characters that includes at least one UPPER CASE letter, one lower case letter, one number, and one special character (e.g. #,$, %, etc) is required
- Please confirm your password
Welcome to Your Landlord Dashboard
Congratulations! You’re now a Worry Free Tenant Landlord! This screen is your Landlord Dashboard, from here you can:
- Find Your Referral Code
- Share Your Profile
- Check Your Email and Voicemail
- Manage Properties
- Connect with Tenants
Your Referral Code
Your referral code can be found at the top of your Landlord Dashboard. This code can be used to directly connect with prospective tenants.
Share Your Profile
If you would like to share your landlord profile on your social media accounts, you can do so by sharing the link that is highlighted in the red box.
Sharing this link will send prospective tenants directly to your profile where they can connect and share their tenant screening report with you.
Remember to Check Your Email
After a tenant has contacted you regarding your properties and applications, you will receive an email notification when their tenant screening report is completed.
Managing Your Properties
After you’ve signed up and created an account, you’ll be able to manage your properties. From your Landlord Dashboard you can add, delete, and edit your properties by clicking the yellow button that says “Manage Properties.”
When you click the “Manage Properties” button, you’ll be brought to a page where you can add, edit, and delete any properties.
To add properties, click the yellow button that says “Add a New Property.”
From here you’ll add the new property’s required information including:
- Full Address
- Note: You can choose to hide the physical property address from the rental search results. The property will still show as available to rent.
- Property Type
- Monthly Rent in USD
- Please enter a number only, no $ signs or commas.
- Number of Bedrooms
- Number of Full Bathrooms
- Number of Half Bathrooms
- This would be the area around the property, appliances that are included, utilities, or any other information you would like prospective tenants to know before they rent.
When you’ve filled out the required information, you’ll also be able to add in optional information such as:
- What Types of Pets are Allowed
- The Status of the Rental
- Note: If you choose unlist, the property is removed from the search results without deleting the property from your account
- Availability Date
- Images of the Property
- Listing URL
- If your property is listed on other websites such as Zillow, you can share the link here
After you’re satisfied with your rental property’s information, click the yellow button on the bottom right corner of the screen that says “Save and Submit.”
Connecting with Tenants
After you’ve added your properties to your account, you’ll be able to connect with prospective tenants. When a prospective tenant is ready to connect with you, they will share their own unique referral code with you.
Paste or type their case sensitive code into the box under the “Connect with a Tenant” section, then click the yellow button that says “Add.”
After the tenant accepts the connection request, you will be able to view their full tenant screening report.
Below this section you will see a chart that shows:
- Tenants You Are Connected With
- Tenants With Pending Connection Requests
- Expired Tenant Reports
- Tenants Who Have Declined
When a tenant has an active tenant report, there are several terms you may see next to their names and codes.
- Connected: This means that a tenant created an account with your referral code; there is no pending connection request period. You can view their tenant screening report immediately.
- Processing: The prospective tenant has completed their application and is awaiting the results of their tenant screening report.
- View Report/View Application: The prospective tenant’s reports are ready. You can view their tenant screening report immediately.
Congratulations! You come to the end of our step-by-step guide to using your Landlord Dashboard. Remember, Worry Free Tenant is here to help YOU. Should you have any questions or issues with your dashboard you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.